Most commercial properties end up with a mix of both asphalt and concrete pavements. Asphalt is a great choice for parking lots, but you’ll likely need concrete areas for walking, steps, and entrances. Concrete is a clean-looking product and can enhance your commercial property’s attractiveness. Here’s why.
- Improves property value: Office buildings that have finish concrete pavements usually see an increase in property value. Not only does it look nice, but it also shows as an improvement to the overall property and is appealing to potential buyers or renters in the future. They will be glad they won’t have to dig up unsightly areas and replace with concrete once they move in.
- Convenient ramps and stairways: ADA compliance requires easy access into most businesses for those who are disabled. Concrete projects that put care into placement of ramps and stairways for their customers and employees create an inviting feel, and it shows that you care about ease of access to all persons to your place of operation.
- Curb appeal: Nice concrete spaces can improve the curb appeal of your property. First impressions are important to all businesses, and if people drive by and see dilapidated concrete steps or broken chunks around curbs, they’re likely to assume your business isn’t doing so hot. However, a well-designed and maintained concrete walkway or other areas do the opposite. Even if you don’t have a lot of concrete around your business, you still need to make sure it looks like and is maintained—both for safety and aesthetics.
- Easily maintain your outdoor space: Concrete areas just give a space a completed look. You can replace areas that are overgrown or full of weeds with a concrete pad to quickly change the area from unkept to clean. Concrete requires little maintenance and can look good for years, if professionally poured, creating a long-term asset to the exterior of your building.
- It’s a safe option: If you have busy traffic at your office, concrete is a safe pathway for people to walk on. Dirt or rocks can be tripping hazards because they are often uneven and can shift. Maintained concrete that is not cracking or lifting is skid-resistance and level, so any age can walk on it and feel comfortable that they’re not going to trip or fall.
- Customized spaces: You can get creative with exterior concrete spaces. Consider creating a spot with tables and chairs where your employees can eat lunch or take their breaks. You can also leave sections open for low-maintenance, native trees or plants to bring in some greenery and warmth. Maybe you can color and stamp pathways with customized designs or colors to help you customers follow a path of directions in an effective yet creative way. There are many ways to get creative with the finished product of your business’s concrete.
If your business needs assistance with concrete work, the professionals at Go Pave Utah can help complete a quality and appealing product. Make your business look great with smooth, durable concrete areas around your building.